One of the things that we love to do at Sparta is to work with, and learn from great coaches. Through these interactions, one questions continues to arise – “What makes a great strength and conditioning program?”
Ultimately results are the defining characteristic of a great strength and conditioning program, but the one difference maker that we keep coming back to is coaches. People – great coaches – that is what makes great programs and produces results.
- Create an effective program
- Educate and instruct the athlete through specific coaching cues
- Motivate the individuals
The perfect balance of these three elements produce a great training culture and great results. The best program without technique and hard work will yield poor results. Likewise, hard work with poor technique and no plan will likely leave you injured. This is the art of coaching; the melding of these three elements to produce results.
We are first and foremost passionate about coaching. So to enhance a coach’s ability to produce results as an artist, we have developed Sparta Software to provide a framework for every culture’s evidence based prescriptions. The patented software and associated force plate support the coach through three major processes:
- The Scan provides an objective evaluation of needs and training adaptations
- Sparta Signatures detail how each athlete moves both in training and in their sport
- Tracking of performance improvements show progress and increase athletes’ buy in
Stay tuned over the next few weeks as we dig into each element of great coaching.