HereAvailable for Purchase
- Changes to Scan Jump Variables (LOAD, EXPLODE, and DRIVE) were highly correlated with different strength movement assignments and appear to be consistent across genders, sports, and level of competitiveness.
- Split Squats and Split Squats and 1-Leg Deadlift were found to significantly increase DRIVE and decrease LOAD and EXPLODE.
- Deadlift and Squat and Deadlift were found to significantly improve EXPLODE.
- Squat and Deadlift were found to significantly improve LOAD and EXPLODE.
SUMMARYThe questions covered:
- Can different movements be identified to have unique effects on athletes’ force variables as measured by countermovement jump scan?
- What recommendations for best practice can we extract from this analysis?
- Athletes with ⇩ DRIVE and ⇧ LOAD/EXPLODE should be assigned plans emphasizing split squats
- Athletes with ⇩ LOAD/DRIVE should be assigned a combination of split and regular squats
- Athletes with ⇩ LOAD/EXPLODE should be assigned a combination of deadlifts and squats.
- Athletes with ⇩ EXPLODE and ⇧ DRIVE should be assigned deadlifts.